Thursday, November 25, 2010

The list

I am officially counting down to my 40s. On November 16th I turned 39 and celebrated by creating a list of things I'd like to do in the next year. I don't know whether I'll get everything here done, but it makes for some fun goals!

It's in process, but I think it's mostly settled. (Though I reserve the right until my actual 40th birthday to edit...)

Putting it here so it's semi-official, then off to pack for Thanksgiving. May your turkey be fully cooked and your pumpkin pie perfectly custardy!

note: Since this list was published some of its items have been changed. What you see here is pretty much the original list. The most updated version can be found on the blog page labeled "the 40 things".

Lose the final 15 pounds to bring the total to 100
Run a 10K
Complete some kind of -lon (duathlon, triathlon, etc.)
Buy something from a vintage clothing store in NYC
Write a complete chapter of a novel
Sing at the Tea Bar in Fort Lee
Throw a Dinner Party
Read 8 books
Memorize Galatians 5
Try 40 new recipes
Throw out 100 pounds of clutter
Go to NYC on a train with the fam
Try 5 new varieties of ethnic food
Climb a tree
Have 40 spiritual conversations
Sing in a recording studio (record "Triumphant Lord")
Learn some tech thing (blogging and posting photos!)
Get a passport
Ride a horse
Try geocaching
Play kickball with my kids
Paint Galatians 5:22-23 on my living room wall
Read 12 chapters of Systematic Theology
Give my abs 3 solid months of attention
Set a character-development plan (1 yr) for each of my kids
Go away with Mark to someplace I've never been
Do 40 different crafts with my kids
Spend an afternoon with each of my sisters
Send out setup email for moms book
Try sushi
Grow something…a plant
Learn about players on Chicago Bears
Change a tire
Watch (not just be present for) a sunrise and a sunset
Work on 5 charity projects with kids
Participate in a flash mob
Host a creative night
Do a 1-week media fast
Finger paint
Go for a walk in the rain

2 comments:

  1. Jocelyn, This is awesome! I would love to be in a flash mob too! Good luck I will be reading your progress! Love, Susan Mazak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Jocelyn. I am quite inspired by your list. I am moved to build a character development plan for my tenner. Thank you. Sunil

    ReplyDelete