Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Back to Breathing

So for the past two weeks I've been having my butt handed to me by a graduate-level Biblical Communication class. (Am I allowed to use the words "butt" and "Biblical" in the same sentence?) Mark and I did almost literally nothing but kid management and classwork every day since July 4th. It was exhausting, but it's done. And I have to say that it was transformational. God used it to do a lot of rooting around in my heart, digging up some ugliness that I've been ignoring (la-la-la-la-I-can't-hear-you) and avoiding.

Amazing how firmly I place my identity in things that fall totally the heck apart. I'm a smart girl, I'm a nice person, I'm an ok singer...until someone's better or nicer or I don't immediately get the grades I want, and then everything's down the tubes. When all along Jesus is offering me real life, real identity, in Himself.

So, yeah, I could go on about that for a long time. But now that our classes are over we're into the heart of our National Staff Conference, and in 5 minutes I'm headed to a seminar taught by my friend Heather about "Writing with Flair." Which means I may come back all inspired and do some more writing. Or I may just come back and change all the zillions of weak verbs I've already used in this post. (I may or may not be performing a weak-verbs version of "Jingle Bells" at this seminar, which is not on my list but possibly should be.)

Either way, I just wanted to say hello, and I've come back up for air, and I'm ready to dive back into this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment