Monday, January 10, 2011

Mmmm...Chocolate

You know that thing I do where I say I don't have much time but then I ramble endlessly about minutiae? Yeah, I can't do that today. Way, way too much laundry.

But I made this great chocolate cake last night, and I wanted to share before I tackle Mount Washmore...

I've been wanting to try this recipe but knew I'd eat way too much of it given the chance, so I waited until our super-awesome friends Joe and Kathy came over with their brood. More mouths. We ate about half of it, and I managed to put the rest in the freezer. In the garage. The odds that I will eat it straight out of the garage freezer are at least somewhat less than if it were living in the kitchen somewhere. Not, like, incredibly less, but I'll take what I can get. I'm not throwing this cake away.

Anyhow, it's called Too Much Chocolate Cake, and I found it on my beloved allrecipes.com. It's pretty simple. Seriously not good for you, but simple. I made it as directed EXCEPT that I decreased the oil to 3/4 cup and used mini chocolate chips instead of regular ones, both based on people's reviews and comments. Then, I wasn't sure what to do with it when it was done...glaze it? frost it? serve it with whipped cream? drizzle something on it? In the end I made Kathy tell me what to do. We ended up making fresh whipped cream to dollop on it.

And...wow. SO moist, with great flavor. It was just barely still warm when we ate it, and while it would have been fine completely cooled, warm was nice. And the whipped cream was the perfect choice. (She's so smart!)

Sorry the pics are blurry. I took them in a big rush.



This cake will be great for potlucks, I think, though I would probably just sprinkle it with powdered sugar in that case. Also, it would ROCK with a little ice cream sundae on top.

Mmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Though the chocolate cake looks delicious, I am commenting here because I can't find an email address! You have inspired me, more than once. I've mentioned it in my most recent post.
    Grace and peace...
    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Jeannine!!! It's been way too long. Try me at jocelynruth@gmail.com...I don't check it often, but I will until I hear from you. I'm posting this on your blog, too.

    And thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete