Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not on the list...

...the "Hoodie Footie," whose marketing blurb goes like this: "Keep her warm from head to toe. What do you get when you combine the warmth of a hoodie with the coziness of a footie? Hoodie-Footie™ The hottest gift to give for Valentine's Day!"


Do you know that this is an actual thing? Like, a serious product featured on a website that also sells normal pajamas? And that it was in all seriousness being marketed for Valentine's Day? Because nothing's more romantic than a gift that says, "Let's see if we can cover up as many square inches of you as possible."

The hottest gift, huh? I know very few women who would not look like a giant Teletubby in this article of clothing. The one with the teddy bear really makes me laugh.

I thought the Snuggie was bad. I can't imagine what's next.

Will's birthday party was tonight, at the local mecca of adrenaline-fueled chaos and mediocre pizza: Chuck E. Cheese's. The kids all had a blast. It was nice not to have to worry about squeezing everybody in our place--winter birthdays can really be a problem that way--and having the big mess to clean up.

But somehow, my good cheer about having much less to do led to my WAY over-reaching with the cake and the favor bags. So I was still making preparations up until the last second, and my house still looks like a bomb went off in it. Literally every room needs to be cleaned. And our friend and supporter and electrician is coming over tomorrow between 10 and 12 to do...something. Ceiling fans? Driveway motion sensor lights? I don't know. But he's a great guy, and I'd prefer he didn't see our house looking like we belong on "Clean Sweep" or "Hoarders" or something.

All that to say I'm going to have to wait to post recipes and pics for the three new recipes I tried for the event. (Yes. One cake, one favor bag, three new recipes. See? Over-reaching.) I'll get them on here soon, I promise. For the moment, though, I'm going to go see if I can find my bedroom carpet under the laundry piles.

No comments:

Post a Comment