Thursday, December 23, 2010

G-men

OK, people. Christmas craziness has descended. I spent all last week at the piano, and I'm paying the price now. But I'm really behind in updating this thing, so I'm going to toss a few pics up here while my puff pastry thaws. There will be less witty banter. Sorry. :)

We did gingerbread men last week. It's not a new recipe, but I'm counting it as a craft. That's legit, right? Even though it's food?


I'm a little sad that I didn't get a photo of the cute apron Joy was wearing. However, we do own the thing, so I suppose I could rectify that later. She did really great.




I reiterate my earlier comment that gingerbread fills the house with aromatic awesomeness. Mark's not a huge fan of the cookies themselves, but even he has no complaints about the warm, yummy holiday smells.





The decorating was the most fun, and where I'm able to justify the "craft" designation. Joy made some classic gingerbread men...

And a gingerbread girl...

Here's my take, at her request, on a gingerbread princess...

And a robot with an Autobot-symbol head for my Transformer-crazy William...

Will also requested a gingerbread man in his underwear. I rolled my eyes but secretly thought this was awesome.

In the end, they were both fun-looking and yummy.


So great, in fact, that now that they're gone I'm getting ready to roll out another batch for Christmas Eve. I'm planning to set the kids on the task of decorating them tomorrow morning while I'm getting our big brunch out. More on that later, I'm sure...

OK, back to puff pastry! Later, all...

1 comment:

  1. Mom and Lee made some gingerbread men today too :) Brought out cookie cutters that haven't been used for anything besides play-doh in a while :P

    ReplyDelete